WHAT IS A LAB TECHNICIAN?
Dental laboratory technicians work in a laboratory environment, combining art, science and technology to design and manufacture corrective devices for replacements of natural teeth. A Lab Tech communicates and collaborates with the dentist to plan, design, and fabricate dental prostheses for individual patients. Fabrication of esthetic dental prostheses work well and by improving the patient’s smile; The lab tech influences not only patient’s physical and dental health but also improves his or her confidence and self-esteem.
- Read specifications and examine models and impressions in order to determine design of dental products to be constructed.
- Complete extensive wear tests to assess designs for long-term durability.
- Build and shape artificial gums to achieve snug, comfortable fit in patient’s mouth.
- Constructed artificial teeth with attractive finishes and durable frameworks.
- Assist functionality of completed models with help of apparatus mimicking human bite and adjusted devices to enhance performance.
- Mixed materials for tooth molds used in offices and laboratories with high-quality and accurate results.
- Placed tooth models on apparatus mimicking bites and movement of patients’ jaw to evaluate functionality of models.
Submit Your Information With the Form Below