In addition to comprehensive general and restorative dental care, Great Smile Dental offers a range of orthodontic treatment options for patients of all ages under one roof. Dr. Schamback and our dental team offer consultation and orthodontic treatment that is tailored to the unique needs of each individual patient. Orthodontics can be used to treat a specific dental problem or as part of a larger treatment plan for addressing cosmetic concerns or restorative needs.
Today’s patients enjoy a wide range of choices, including clear braces when appropriate. The many advances in materials and techniques have made orthodontic treatment more comfortable, shorter in duration and more effective for a wide range of concerns.
How Do Braces Work?
Braces can be made of a range of materials, all of which are designed and utilized to reposition the teeth and improve dental health.
Your dentist will create a personalized treatment plan using clear aligners, metal braces or ceramic braces to address your needs. Orthodontics is used to treat malocclusion, which is the misalignment of the teeth when biting down. If the teeth do not male proper contact, undue pressure can be placed on tooth surfaces which leads to damage, bite problems and other effects on your oral health over time. “Crooked teeth” also impact your confidence in the appearance of your smile.
Orthodontics What to Expect
The first step in orthodontic treatment is a consultation and exam to evaluate your dental health needs and discuss aesthetic concerns and goals related to the overall appearance of your smile. The type of braces recommended will depend upon your dental health needs.
Great Smile Dental provides comprehensive orthodontic care and can meet your needs with a range of treatment options.
- Invisalign: using a clear aligner system, Invisalign offers discreet and convenient treatment for teens and adults with cosmetic or mild to moderate orthodontic concerns.
- Ceramic braces: similar in style to traditional braces, ceramic brackets and wires can reposition teeth for mild to moderate concerns. Due to their brittle material, they are typically recommended only for the top arch of teeth.
- Lingual braces: placed behind the teeth, lingual braces can offer the ultimate in discreet orthodontic treatment for patients.
- Gold braces: for a more glamorous look while wearing traditional style metal braces, gold braces are coated stainless steel and can treat a wide range of orthodontic concerns.
- Metal braces: the most traditional style of braces, metal brackets and wires are often the most effective means of addressing complex bite concerns and malocclusions in patients of all ages.
- Self-litigating braces: similar to the look and structure of metal braces, self-litigating braces use a special clip placed on the wire that gently increases the forces needed to reposition your teeth, eliminating the need for wearing rubber bands. Treatment is more comfortable and convenient for most patients.