Dental ImplantsAn Overview
Dental implants have revolutionized tooth replacement and offer patients the opportunity to get back natural function and aesthetics when restoring their smile. Implants provide many benefits for your long-term dental health and your quality of life, whether you are replacing a single lost tooth or securing a bridge or denture.
Dr. Schamback and the team at Great Smile Dental in Port St. Lucie offer comprehensive, experienced care for the placement of all types of dental implants. Our dental office offers advanced diagnostics in-house for more accurate treatment planning and a more predictable result. From evaluation to placement, we will work with you on an individual basis to place dental implants and give you back a comfortable, beautiful and functional smile.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
Choosing the most suitable tooth replacement option can be overwhelming and our team understands the importance of educating patients on all options and expected outcomes for their consideration. There are certain factors that should be considered when making an informed decision:
- Overall dental health condition
- Aesthetic goals
- Daily lifestyle and quality of life concerns
- Physical health, including any conditions that could impact recovery or results
Dental implants are unique among tooth replacement options. They replace not only the visible part of what was lost but the tooth root in the jaw bone. This is an important distinction and is what provides the stable result and supports more stable long-term oral health and jaw structure. The benefits this offers include:
- Restoration of normal chewing and biting function with no dietary restriction related to your dental appliance
- Stabilizes bone tissue in the jaw to minimize shrinkage and changes in the fit if the bite
- Helps maintain your natural tooth structure when placed among existing healthy teeth
- Patients can speak clearly and with confidence
Am I A Candidate for Dental Implants?
The recent strides and advances in techniques and materials have opened the door for more patients and are making it possible for our team to address bone problems and other concerns so that an implant can be placed successfully.
Dr. Schamback and our team offer advanced treatments to address problems that could impact the results of an implant procedure.
- Autogenous Bone Grafting: adding bone to areas in the jaw where bone tissue has diminished due to tooth loss or aging. Bone can be taken from adjacent areas in the chin or back of the jaw to support weaker areas and support an implant.
- Sinus Lift Augmentation: the sinuses may change and enlarge after tooth loss. To ensure that a dental implant can be placed in the back of the mouth close to the sinus cavity, a sinus lift may be needed to restore the sinuses back to their original size.
- Implant Site Development: we can rebuild bone tissue around an extracted tooth to support the placement of a dental implant.